Monday, July 15, 2013

Summer Bucket List: Cookie Crumbs

     Today, Liam picked out making cookies!  If you couldn't tell by my past posts, but I have sort of a sweet tooth and I think I pasted it down to my son.  Deciding on a cookie was quite easy, I had a bag of sweetened coconut I wanted to use, so I found an easy recipe on this great My Catholic Kitchen for Coconut Macaroons.



Liam was my big helper...pouring in the egg whites, salt, and vanilla.


And manning the electric mixer.


Time to add the sugar and whisk to form sift peaks!

My little pastry chef in the making!


Look at that meringue!


Time to add the coconut! Mmmmmmmm!


I scooped out the batter and we baked for 20 minutes.


I drizzled some of them with some melted chocolate.
Liam approved, said they were delish!


They turned out great for our first time making them!


Looking forward to tomorrow's activity!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comment. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
1 09 10