Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Baked Eggs

      Ok, I don't know about you, but I love me some poached eggs!  Recently, I found this recipe on Use Real Butter for baked eggs, I wondered it they would turn out just as creamy and buttery as poached eggs.  I didn't do the exact recipe from the post, but improvised with what I had in the fridge.

Here's my first attempt....
Baked Eggs with Herb Parmesan &  Prosciutto 


My 2nd attempt...
Baked Eggs with Cheddar Cheese & Bacon


Here's the original recipe..I'm definitely gonna try it next!


Here's what you need:

1 TBsp unsalted butter (softened)
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
1/2 tsp fresh rosemary (minced)
1/2 tsp fresh thyme (minced)
1/2 tsp fresh parsley (minced)
8 eggs
4 strips bacon (cooked and crumbled)
1/4 cup kale (sautéed and chopped)
salt & peper to taste

How to make them:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Butter four ramekins.
Combine cheese and herbs in a small bowl.
Crack two eggs into a bowl or cup, taking care not to break the yolks.
Pour the two eggs into a ramekin and repeat until four ramekins have eggs.
Sprinkle bacon, kale, and cheese-herb blend over the eggs.
Finish with a dash of salt and freshly ground pepper.
Bake the eggs for 10-15 minutes until the eggs have achieved desired doneness
(less time for runny yolks, more time for firm yolks)
Serve immediately and Enjoy!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comment. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
1 09 10