Monday, August 18, 2014

Divergent Movie Night

     With the recent Blu Ray/DVD release of Divergent, I decided to host a movie night party for my friends and I.  I wanted to create a table scape with a section for each of the factions, Abnegation, Amity, Candor, Erudite, and Dauntless, that are featured in the Divergent, Insurgent, and Allegiant books.  I had a great time coming up with ideas for each section from the color scheme to what food and drinks to serve to decorations.  It was a lot of fun and I think it turned out amazing! 


Here are the Factions....


For Abnegation I wanted to focus on the simplicity of things...
Gray table cloth, stones, clear serve ware, bread, and water.
Along with a image I found on Tumblr that I had printed then Mod Podged on a canvas.
And of course a "choosing bowl" with stones to complete the look.



I made some Selfless Bread


and some Benevolent Butters.


I also printed some of these labels I found on Bringing Up Burns,
 then Mod Podged them on some water bottles.


For Amity I wanted the focus to be warm and friendly...
 A bright yellow and red table cloth, a wood plank, a basket of red apples, wood create,
apples chips & dip, hard apple cider, and another Tumblr image.
And the "choosing bowl" of soil.



The Peace Rings are just Apple Chips,


and the Harmony Dip went with them perfectly.


I found these cool labels too on Bringing Up Burns
 that I Mod Podged onto some Angry Orchard Hard Cider bottles.


For Candor I did a play on the black and white theme.
I found a black and white stripe cloth, glass, black & white food, 
and the Candor image from Tumblr.
The "choosing bowl" full of glass.



I made of these Truth Tidbits which were quite tasty,


and some homemade Probity Pastries.


Erudite was fun to decorate too....
Found a blue and white chevron material, some beakers, plastic glasses, 
set up the dictionary (opened up to the definition of Erudite, of course), blue soda, 
some healthy snacks, and the Tumblr image.
A bowl of water set out for the "choosing bowl."




The little beakers I found at Hobby Lobby, 
which I just drew on the lines and numbers, then filled with some blue wine cooler.



Since the Erudite are all about learning...
I made some brain food, Knowledge Nibbles.


For the non alcoholic drinkers, I got some Jone's Soda that 
I wrapped some newspaper around for decor.


And lastly, Dauntless, it was easy to decorate for this one too.
I laid out a black cloth for the table, some black plastic guns and knives, 
some paper targets, burgers, chocolate cakes, and a Dauntless Tumblr picture.
The "choosing bowl" was full of stones shaped like coals and some candles.


I got the plastic guns and knives at the Dollar Tree, then spray painted them black.




In the book, the Dauntless ate hamburgers, 
so these Bravery Burger Bombs are a play on those.


They also ate chocolate cake, so I had to make some mini Fearless Cakes.


I found these cool labels on Bringing Up Burns 
that I printed, then colored in a bit and put on some wine bottles.


I was so happy to discover some temporary tattoos in my new Blu Ray!


I decided to go Dauntless for the party...and a couple days afterward.
 (They were stuck on pretty good!)


It was a fun night! 
I loved planning it all, the decorations, the colors, the food, the drinks.
And especially getting to spend it with some great friends!
Can't wait to plan my next movie night...


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comment. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
1 09 10