Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Cheese? Why yes, I have a bite or two or three....

     So, if you read my last post you know that we stuffed ourselves full of Austin's best and yummiest savory creations all down South Congress Street on our Austin Food Tour.  Well, we didn't stop there!  After enjoying our slice of pizza from Home Slice we furthered our culinary journey to Antonelli's Cheese Shop.  Our friends told us we just had to visit this place, and boy were they RIGHT!  The hubby and I are big cheese heads so for us, we were like two kids in a candy store.  There were all sorts of specialty salamis, prosciutto, peppers, olives and of course CHEESE....We started with the meats and took us a few samples, ok, A LOT of sampling, to finally decide on two really yummy ones.

   
     With the meats chosen we finally headed over to the cheese cases.  Oh man, we didn't know where to start.  Good thing we had our very own Cheese Monger to guide us through the many wheels, wedges, logs, and spreads.  We got to try all sorts of cheese.  Just when I thought I couldn't take another bite, I did, over and over again.  They were just too good not to try!

 
So here's all the scrumptious treats we picked out!






I also picked up a couple of chocolate bars from Lolli and Pops
I really liked the Honeycomb bar by Chauo


     We picked up some strawberries, olives, and wine from HEB and a baguette (from Easy Tiger), then went back to the hotel to put our goodies away and get ready to go to dinner.  We asked some of the local Austinites where a good place to go for dinner and many suggested Vino Vino.  So that's where we went.  I really enjoyed my stuffed quail and barley risotto.  We happened to go on the night they served up big batches of Paella, the hubby tried out the seafood one.



After dinner we went back to the hotel to enjoy our 
tasty tidbits while watching the World Cup.  


WOW! We had a very eventful day of eating and eating and eating!
And the next day we planned on doing more!



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comment. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
1 09 10