Friday, November 15, 2013

Homemade Biscuits


          The other day I signed up through Caring Meals to make a meal for one of my MOPs friends who just welcomed an adorable little boy into their family.  I decided to make a pot roast and veggie dinner in the crockpot.  I love using the crockpot, it's so easy to put in all the ingredients, set it and forget it...well till the timer goes off.   But what goes great with pot roast? Warm, made from scratch biscuits!  And if you know me, I couldn't complete the meal without baking up something sweet.  She told me her hubby loves chocolate desserts.  So I baked up my favorite Milk Chocolate Brownies!  It's a great feeling making a meal for a friend.  After I had Kinley, I was so thankful for all my friends who brought meals over to my family.  

Recipe from Kitchen Mage



Here's what you need:

2 1/4 cups all purpose flour (sifted)
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup unsalted butter (very cold)
1 cup milk (very cold)

How to make it:

Preheat oven to 450˚F.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Place flour, salt, sugar, and baking powder in food processor.
Pulse for a few seconds to combine.
Cut the butter into small pieces and add to food processor.
Pulse half a dozen times and check for the size of the butter pieces.
Repeat if necessary until the butter is in pieces, roughly the size of peas.
Put flour mixture in a mixing bowl and add the cold milk.
Toss together gently until barely combined.
As soon as the dough holds together, turn it out on a lightly floured counter.
Gently knead the dough a few strokes until it is mostly a cohesive ball.
Roll the dough into a rectangle 1/2-3/4 inch thick.
Cut into 2 inch circles, you should get about 6 biscuits.
Place the biscuits on the prepared baking sheet.
Bake for 8-10minutes.
Butter and eat warm. ENJOY!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comment. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
1 09 10