Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Deadly Nighshade Tart

     The other day I was invited over to a friend's house for a little Hunger Games party to watch the movie and gear up for Catching Fire movie that premiers this week!  Since I LOVE theme parties, I decided to make a Deadly Nightshade Tart and some whipped cream to bring over! (It's really just my new Foodie Favorite, Lingonberry Jam).  It turned out amazing....and no one died!


Recipe from Elsbro.

** Ok, so the recipe I used was all in Metric, so I did my best to convert it to the Americanized measurements, the easiest was to use Tablespoons for everything **

How to make it:

13 TBsp unsalted butter (room temperature)
12 TBsp oatmeal
12 TBsp all purpose flour (sifted)
8 TBsp sugar
1 tsp baking soda
Lingonberry jam

How to make it:

Preheat oven to 350˚F.
Add the butter, oatmeal, flour, sugar, and baking soda into a large bowl and work together with your hands OR add all ingredients into a food processor, pulse until you get a fine sandy textured dough.
Take 2/3 of the dough and push into a butter or parchment lined cake dish with your hands. (I used a tart pan)
Spread the jam over the the dough.
Sprinkle the rest of the dough over the jam.
Bake for 30 minutes.
Let cool, then slice, add a dollop of fresh whipped cream, and ENJOY!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comment. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
1 09 10