Friday, October 4, 2013

Friday Foodie Favorites: Candy Corn


     Well, with it being Halloween season, my favorite candy is popping up everywhere!  Last year I found the Candy Corn M&M's and the Candy Corn Oreos.  This year I discovered Candy Corn Taffy,     Candy Corn Jelly Bellys, and Candy Corn Cotton Candy.  With my love of Candy Corn I decided to make some Candy Corn Fudge for my ladies for our monthly Crafternoon tomorrow.  Check out the Candy Corn Merginues I made too!


Found the recipe on Something Swanky.

Ingredients:

6 cups white chocolate chips (I used the Nestle Toll House ones)
2 cans sweetened condensed milk
food coloring : yellow & orange

How to make it:

Line a 9x9 baking dish with wax paper
In a large saucepan, combine the white chips and sweetened condensed milk over medium-low heat.
Stir until completely melted and smooth, remove from heat
Pour 1/3 of the mixture into prepared baking dish and chill for 15 minutes 
(Keep remaining fudge in sauce pan, heat off)
Stir fudge over low heat until melted and smooth again (should only take a minute or two)
Pour 1/3 mixture into a medium bowl and whisk in some orange food coloring.
Pour over the chilled white layer in baking dish and chill for 15 minutes.
Again, reheat the remaining 1/3 fudge over low heat until melted and smooth.
Whisk in yellow food coloring, pour over orange layer in baking dish.
Let chill for 3-4 hours or overnight.
Cut into squares, top with a Candy Corn kernel and ENJOY!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comment. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
1 09 10