Monday, October 7, 2013

Caramel Apple Cookies

     Alrighty, with it going into fall I noticed many new cookie mix flavors showing up in the stores these days.  I came across Pillsbury Caramel Apple Cookie Mix at Walmart that I thought I would try out.  I did however dye the cookie batter green and made my own Caramel Frosting.  As for the cookie batter, I just followed the directions on the back of the box, then dyed the batter green before baking them.  I did post the caramel frosting, it's perfect for cookies or even cupcakes!


Ingredients:

1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar (sifted)

How to make it:

Combine brown sugar, butter, and milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring to a boil.
Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
Cook to lukewarm, then gradually beat in the powdered sugar until frosting reaching spreading consistency.
The more powdered sugar you add, the faster it will harden.
One your cookies have cooled completely, frost them with the frosting, garnish with sprinkles or roasted walnuts, then ENJOY!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comment. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
1 09 10