Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Saying Auf Wiedersehen is hard

     The time has come for Liam to say goodbye to all his classmates and his amazing teachers.  With our upcoming move fast approaching, we decided to pull him out a little early so we can visit family and friends in Texas before we fly to Germany.  And since we are going to Germany I thought it only fitting to celebrate it! I contacted big L.'s teacher to arrange a German day for his class. 
     I emailed a few games German children play to her which the kiddos had fun playing. Then I also brought some black, yellow, and red decorations to set up in the lunch room for the German lunch I prepared for them.  


                  

                  

                  

     I was really surprised how many kids really liked it. So happy they were brave enough to give it a try.  It was a simple menu of Spaetzle, Sauerkraut, Red Cabbage. Bratwurst, Knockwurst, Pickles, Pretzels, assorted German Cookies, and Apfelschorle (apple juice & sparkling water mixed). 

                  

                  

                  

                  

                  

                  

                  

                  

                  

                  

                  

     After lunch the kiddos went out to play so I cleaned up. Then took little K. out to play too! She had a blast playing with the older kids on the playground. 

                 

     When recess was over big L.'s class went to music class and little K. And I hung out until they were back so I could read them a German book for story time. I found this book on Amazon that was simple enough for me to read to them. Plus it has the English translation. It was a great way for me to practice my German. 

                 

     After the quick story I gave each student a little coloring book about Germany. It was great being able to bring  Deutschland to New Mexico. 

                 

                 

                 


     Towards the end of the day after all the students had packed their bag and gotten ready to be dismissed big L. handed out some little goodbye goodie bags I made to all his friends and teachers. 




     We have really loved big L.'s school. The teachers are so amazing and welcoming, just hope we find some just as good in his next school. He's definitely going to miss his good buddies, but hopefully they can remain pen pals for now. 

               








No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comment. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
1 09 10