Sunday, April 12, 2015

Fluffy Quiche Lorraine

     With our upcoming move, and I mean it is right around the corner!  I have been trying to come up with meals with what we have in the fridge, freezer, and pantry. I came across this recipe for a bacon and cheese quiche on Pinterest and we just so happen to have all the ingredients.  So I whipped it up in no time for dinner. And EVERYbody loved it! 



                                                        Recipe from How to This & That



What you need:

6 large eggs
1 1/2 cups cream or milk
1 pie crust
1 lb bacon (chopped crispy bacon) I used less, since that's all I had
1 cup Cheddar Cheese (shredded)  I used cheddar, white cheddar, smoked Gruyere, and Havarti
Salt and pepper to taste


                     



How to make it:

Preheat oven to 375˚F.
If not already done, cut the bacon and fry until crispy, drain on paper towel.
In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and cream/milk together.
Lay the pie crust out into a 9" pie plate (I used a deep round tart pan)
Shred the cheese if not done already.
Add have of the bacon and half of the cheese to the egg mixture, mix well.
Pour into the pie crust.
Bake for 20 minutes.
Add remaining bacon and cheese evenly over the top and continue baking for 20-25 minutes.
Quiche is done with golden brown and raised significantly (can test like a cake, insert a toothpick when comes out clean its done)
Let the quiche set for 10 minutes.
Slice it up and serve with a fresh salad. ENJOY!








No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comment. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
1 09 10