Friday, April 10, 2015

Let the Packing Commence!

     So I know I've been going on and on and on about the up coming packers! But they are actually scheduled to be here tomorrow! Yes, TOMORROW! The first set of packers are for items that go in storage. So it should be quick and easy packing day.  And since they will be here tomorrow, I decided to get organized.
     I found an app called Sortly that lets you inventory with pictures and descriptions of your stuff.  Needless to say, that's how I spent most of my day today. Getting all the crystal, China, flatware, holiday tubs, etc. out. I took pictures of all the important stuff then entered it ALL into the app. It was really quick and easy, just time consuming, since I had a lot of stuff. 
     Sortly is great for dividing up your stuff into bigger categories too. For instance, since the storage packers are coming I can save all tomorrow stuff under Storage. 

                                           

     Then you can enter all the items under sub categories (sub locations).

                                         
     Once you got all the sub locations entered then you can put in the items with their description, quantity, cost, and pictures. 

                                           

     When we found out we were going to move overseas I knew I didn't want to take my valuable items. Which means they would go to storage for a few years and I'm ok with that. But I wanted to make sure I kept records of my special things just in case items went missing or damaged.  See, my mom and grandpa passed down their China, crystal, and silver flatware to me.  Making it very special to me. I don't want anything to happen to it. 
     As I took out the pieces, I took pictures and counted how many I had. It made it a lot easier to inventory when it came time.          
                                  
                                            

     Now that all of the storage items are entered I feel organized and ready for the packers tomorrow! 
     As for the other sets of packers starting Monday....eh, I'm not ready for those. But I'll have the weekend to organize that! Plus my parents will be here to help watch the kiddos. Yay for grandparents!  Wish us luck! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comment. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
1 09 10