Thursday, May 9, 2013

Margarita Cookies

     Hola!   Inspired by this past Sunday's Cinco de Mayo holiday I made some, what I'm calling, Margarita Cookies.  I had this box of Pillsbury Key Lime Cookie Mix in the pantry, so thought it would be a great time to bake some up.  I did put a little spin on them to make them special.

I pretty much just followed the directions on the back of the box.  Then I split the dough in half and used Wilton's Green Color Gel to dye one portion a darker green.  Next, I rolled out the dough and placed the darker green dough on top of the light green and rolled it all up like a sandwich wrap.  I found some green sprinkles in the pantry, placed those on a plate and rolled the outside of the wrapped dough in them.  Next, I wrapped the sprinkled rolled dough into some plastic wrap and chilled in the fridge for about 20 minutes to harden up a little.  When I got them out, I unwrapped the dough and using a knife cut some slices.  Then I baked them according to the box.


Serve them with some Tequila and there ya go! Ole! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comment. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
1 09 10