Friday, May 17, 2013

Dark Chocolate Cherry Muffins

     I don't know about you, but I love fresh cherries! Since cherry season is upon us, I recently bought a big bag of yummy red cherries and have been eating them almost every day.  This morning I found a recipe for some Dark Chocolate Cherry Muffins from this blog The Bakerita, so I thought I would give them a try.  I wanted to make something different other then blueberry, banana nut, or apple cinnamon that I usually make.  Liam is my little muffin monster, so if he approves, then the recipe it s keeper!




Here's what you need:

3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp salt
1 TBsp and 1 tsp baking powder
2/3 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs, room temp.
1 tsp almond extract (I used vanilla instead)
2/3 cup milk
2 cup fresh cherries, pitted & quartered
4 oz. bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped

How to make them:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.  Grease muffin pan or line with cupcake liners.
Whisk or sift together flour, sugar, salt, baking powder.
Pour vegetable oil into a 2 cup liquid measuring cup; add the eggs, almond extract, and enough milk to reach 2 cups.
Gently whisk together the ingredients in the cup with a fork or small whisk.
Stir into flour mixture.
Fold in the cherries and chocolate.
Fill muffin cups almost to the top.
Bake for 20-25 minutes in oven or until toothpick comes out cleanly.

** After they cooled I drizzled some melted chocolate over the tops **





2 comments:

I look forward to reading your comment. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
1 09 10