Thursday, October 30, 2014

A Little French Flare

          I love when my birthday comes around, gives me a reason to throw an awesome birthday party.  I always try to theme it out!  I know I already had a FANG-tastic True Blood Birthday Dinner Party, but I wanted to host another one with my friend who also had a birthday.  So....with our love of French food and Julia Child, I planned a dinner party with a little French flare.



Here's the pretty and simple table setting I created...


We listened to the Julie & Julia Soundtrack as we mingled, waiting for all the guests to arrive.



I made sure to have pretty pink and purple flowers, the favorites of the birthday girl.


I had to sneak the movie in there somewhere.


Each setting had a printed menu of the night's courses along with a little 
bottle of Paris Amour from Bath & Body Works that I tied a name card to.


Here's my Mastering the Art of French Cooking cookbook by Julia Child .....
looks a little used don't you think?



It was fun dressing up for the occasion.  I rarely get to dress up, 
so it was nice to put on a pretty dress and some heels.


I even did my nails, sporting some cute floral Reminisce Jamberry Nail Wraps!


Here's my fabulous wedges I got a Target!


We started with some French Onion Tarts & Korbel Brut Champagne 
(Sparkling Apple Cider for the preggo)


First course we enjoyed a Sweet Spinach Salad & Dreaming Tree Crush Wine
(Sparkling Apple Cider for the preggo)


Onto course three, the main course....Boeuf Bourguignon 
& Cupcake Vineyards Merlot Wine
(Sparkling Pomegranate Cider for the preggo)


One of my favorite courses...the Fromage Course!
We had some Port Salut, Chèvre, and Camembert (all pasteurized for the preggo), 
 a French baguette, and some lingonberry jam
& Apothic White Wine
(Sparkling Pear Cider for the preggo)


Every good meal has to end with some Sweet Treats...
We devoured some Vanilla Madeleines, Custard Cream Horns, 
Pumpkin-Cinnamon Spice Macarons, and Blackberry Apple Macarons


You know it was a good dinner party when the glasses are empty and the plates are clean!


I love hosting parties...but the clean up, eh.
So, I decided to leave it for the morning.


Instead, I poured another glass of wine, snuck two more madeleines,
 and popped in Julie & Julia Blu Ray to end the night.


It was another smashing good party!  So happy I got to celebrate my birthday, again, with some great friends, enjoy some yummy food and tasty wine, and make some new memories.  


Bonne nuit,
post signature
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
1 09 10